truly humbling

Well, this is my first blog since the whole xanga craze began back in college. :)  I just realized that we are so blessed and I want to be able to share those things with you.  All of my posts won't be bubbly and exciting because that's just not the way life works.  In fact, some may be sharing hurts from deep inside my heart.  I decided last night that this is the best time in my life to begin blogging.  Thank you for taking this journey with me!

Now to the topic:  As most of you know and have participated with us, Landon and I have been praying fervently for over a year that the Lord would sell our home in Tecumseh.  We haven't always been the best at praying and we've complained more times than I can count that it's just not fair.  We've even doubted that we moved to the City.  Taking all of this into account, I have been touched by the words of our pastor recently about the true nature of God, His place in our lives, and our place in His story.

God is sovereign.  Nothing we can do or pray can change His mind, persuade Him to act outside His character, or do something that does not align with His plan for our lives.  Remembering this has truly changed my prayer life.  It is an ongoing process, but I am learning not to play the victim role and how to let Him control the ins and outs of my life.  I had gotten into the rut or trying to pray the "right" words and trying to configure my prayers so that somehow He would be convinced that I was serious about selling our house.

Oh how wrong I've been... Yesterday, after we received an offer on our home, we accepted and we are now under contract.  Lots of people have said "well, it's about time" and "finally", including Landon and me.  In our eyes it's been over a year that our house has been on the market and that seems like plenty of time for God to work, right?  But time does not contain Him - our "soon" is not always God's "right on time".  He is never in a hurry, He will not be rushed, and He will accomplish His plan when it's good and right for His children.

Our heavenly Father has been orchestrating the selling of our home since the creation of the universe and I can't argue with that.  The buyers are a military couple with a toddler.  A year ago when the house went on the market, they were stationed in Italy - quite a ways from Tecumseh, OK.  He has entrusted our home to us and made us hold onto it for over a year because the buyers simply weren't in the position to purchase it until now.  He has taken care of us financially in the meantime and it is truly a blessing to sell our home to such a deserving couple that will be such good neighbors.

My prayer life has changed immensely as I reflect on the character of God and how He is continually at work in our lives.  It has simply become this: that in everything God would work in our lives for His glory and for our good. Hence the title of my blog.

Comments

Popular Posts