convictions

Landon and I were so excited to get married, one reason being that we were tired of dating.  But, we started dating again... only as a couple with other couples.  Strange, you ask?  Well, when you consider dating as a way to get to know other people in preparation for deeper relationships, it makes a lot of sense.  The one thing I wasn't prepared for, and no one ever wants it to happen, was to be let down again.

I was talking to my other half tonight and he said something that is so true: our generation as a whole is selfish.  If I want to do something that you might be offended by, then that's your problem.  God didn't say I couldn't, so I'm going to.  Whatever happened to staying away from things that don't benefit me or anyone around me?

Call me crazy, but I have this idea that there are other couples out there who share our interests, values and convictions.  I mean, I found my husband, so there have to be other people like us who found each other.  I'm tired of being the only ones who won't go there, watch this or drink that.  But, at the same time, I'm not willing to compromise my beliefs for the sake of making a few friends.  That's not really friendship at all - hiding something just to fit in.

So, tonight I'm a little stuck and a whole lot disappointed.  I'm sorry, but I don't have a happy ending tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts